Sustaining our Future….
For our children and grandchildren to have a healthy future they will need clean air, reliable fresh water supplies, productive nearby farmland, employment opportunities and a supportive society.
Our Logo Reminds us of our vision of people/families/generations in a pleasant and sustainable environment
Sustainable Ōtautahi Christchurch
See – Seize – C0-create
SEE: what is happening, who is there beside us
SEIZE: the opportunities and challenges that lie before us
CO-CREATE: Work with others of good will to create new sustainable pathways
More about us and our Committee HERE
We work by:
- Producing newsletters and web resources to share information
- Running events and workshops
- Planning for the future
- Networking widely across our community
More about our membership and committee HERE
Confront Global Challenges
Future global challenges need to be imaginatively met at the local level.
Such challenges include very high petrol prices for NZ when global production and reserves fail to meet growing demand (Peak Oil Production), and also rising sea level and more storm events from climate change. We will be forced into energy efficiency and reduced fossil fuel use sooner or later. Would you prefer to see action soon?
There are alternatives emerging that deserve encouragement through our choices made at home and work.
We can support organic food production
- Support renewable energy generation from sunshine and wind
- We can encourage facilities for safer cycling and walking within the city
- Supporting social innovations such as farmers’ markets, community gardens and co-housing.
When advocating and educating for sustainability, we are optimists.
Do you want to seek local solutions instead of feeling you are a part of the problem?